Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pirate Costume: Fabrics!

I hit up a sale at Joann's last weekend to gather supplies for the pirate costume. My wonderful husband was happy to assist. We settled on a faux black suede for the vest portion of the shirt and a cotton crepe for the sleeves and collar.
We wanted a pretty wide red stripe for the pants, but couldn't find anything suitable at Joann's. I did some searching around this morning and found this awesome cotton fabric at DenverFabrics!
No more excuses, time to get started!

Update: I got all of the pattern pieces cut out today! I had the scissors and pattern hanging around the kitchen table and cut on things between other things, while my son, G, was eating, playing, etc. I'm super excited about this because cutting out the pattern pieces tends to be my least favorite part of the whole sewing experience. Next weekend (a long one) I can get on with working with fabrics!

No comments: