Sunday, August 3, 2014

Embroidered Linen Dress: Wadder?

Well, I got the bodice of my embroidered linen dress assembled yesterday. I was super impressed with the finish and how beautifully I was able to sew all of the seams, etc. However, the bodice just is not working for me. I had stitched up a quick muslin, but wasn't checking for anything other than to ensure that there was enough room in the bust. There was, so I barrelled straight ahead. My pattern matching was nothing to write home about. (How do you match patterns across different pattern pieces anyway?) But the thing that really killed it is that it just doesn't fit me well. It is baggy, the shoulders are too wide, and there are twelve layers of fabric at the waist. I was excited about a dress with a defined waist, but, with an apple shape, 12 layers of fabric at the waist is... problematic to say the least.


Waaaaay too much fabric in front.

What waist?

It doesn't look terrible, but I know myself and I just wouldn't wear it. At this point, I'm thinking hoping that I can salvage a skirt out of it at least, since I am so majorly in love with this print and tie.


Frivolous photo: The first blossoms have appeared on my tomato plants! Yay!

No comments: