Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Colorado Quilt: Introduction

Part of the inspiration for my recent decision to take up sewing was my second wedding anniversary.  I enjoy traditions and creativity against constraints.  More than six months in advance of the date in question, I decided a cotton quilt would be the perfect second anniversary present.  I wanted something that would be relatively easy and hard to mess up.  When I came across "Splashes of Color" on AllPeopleQuilt.com, I instantly knew I wanted to make it.

Rotary cutter, sewing machine, and a substantial pile of new batik fabrics later, I got to work.  Come February 2009, I wasn't even half-way through sewing the blocks.  I still surprised my husband with the idea, and finished the first pass at the blocks a few months later.
Once I had it all up on the wall, I realized the pinks didn't match the tone of the other fabrics.  (Ah, the value of the quilt wall!)  There were two light pink fabrics that looked almost white compared to the others.
My new pink fabrics came in today.  So now I get the arduous task of ripping up the blocks that I have created and sewing all new ones.  Luckily, I only have 14 to make this time.

No comments: