Saturday, March 15, 2014

Narrow Rolled Hem

I picked up a narrow rolled hem foot from Amazon a few weeks ago with the intent of hemming the silk organza square that I have been using as a pressing cloth. I gave it a whirl today in full impromptu style, and I was moderately pleased with the results. I knew that I wouldn't get consistent results with an impromptu style, but I wanted to just play with it and wasn't worried about the appearance of the narrow hem on my presser cloth.

I had a hard time keeping the appropriate amount of cloth feeding into the curl of the presser foot. I think next time, I would fold up and press the fabric to aid in guiding.
When the distance was correct, the hem looked great! Too much or too little fabric left things looking pretty messy!

Frivolous photo: Two frivolous photos in one day! My toddler loves tooling around the house on his tricycle.

No comments: